- Beilstein Abstracts (Organic Chemistry Literature Database)
- Part of the ChemWeb site maintained by Elsevier Science, Beilstein Abstracts allows organic chemists to search more than 140 journals in organic chemistry and broadly related fields. Abstracts for more than 750,000 articles are currently linked on the site, in sources from all major publishers, dating from 1980 to the present. Please note that registration is required to obtain free access to the database.
- A unique chemical name finder, this custom search engine conducts intelligent searches of the Internet for files concerning specified chemical compounds.
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Links to CAS product summaries, chemical patent databases, and chemical data and literature on the web.
- CHEMINFO: Chemical Information Sources
- Meta source from Indiana University: WWW resources, publications, tools and databases.
- Chemistry.org (American Chemical Society)
- The web site of the prestigious American Chemical Society includes a combination of member-restricted and freely accessible information. Select the "Educators and Students" tab on the home page to access many carefully selected web resources in chemistry for students and teachers.
- Eric Weisstein's World of Chemistry
- 495 entries from chemical reactions, geology, inorganic chemistry, mineralogy, organic chemistry, petrology and quantum chemistry.
- Martindale's Chemistry Reference Center
- A vast reference: measurement, tables, databases, overviews, textbooks, tutorials and links to other sites.
- Periodic Table of the Elements (American Chemical Society)
- Animated periodic table allows you to group elements, view their electron configurations, and plot data for nine different element properties. Requires the Shockwave plug-in software.
- Periodic Table of the Elements (University of Sheffield)
- From the University of Sheffield, this tool allows user to click on any element to view a complete summary of its properties.
- Periodic Table of the Elements (American Elements)
- From the American Elements Company, this tool allows user to click on any element to view a complete summary of its properties.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Search free databases of U.S. patents, patent titles and patent classifications.
- The Wired Chemist
- Useful compilation of online chemistry resources designed for students. Search free databases of U.S. patents, patent titles and patent classifications.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library (Links for Chemists)
- A vast resource of academic Chemistry departments, tools and software, publications, meetings, associations, and employment opportunities.
| Top of page |
Maintained by R. Schwartz - Library Liaison to the Chemistry Department
Last Updated: July 22, 2008